Apricot Burritos Recipe
These apricot-filled burritos are popular with my son and his friends. I usually have a plateful ready for them as a sweet after-school snack. It's easy since they can be together in minutes.—Charl Sanchez, Roseville, California
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Place 1 tablespoon on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling; roll up.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry burritos, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 8 burritos.
Reviews for Apricot Burritos
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Great recipe, and I made it with Splenda sugar and splenda brown sugar blend. Going to try using other dried fruits next time, much healthier version of a toaster strudel!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC