- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Oil for frying
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Place 1 tablespoon on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling; roll up.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry burritos, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 8 burritos.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot Burritos
Sort By :
Great recipe, and I made it with Splenda sugar and splenda brown sugar blend. Going to try using other dried fruits next time, much healthier version of a toaster strudel!