Apricot Bubble Ring Recipe
Both of our daughters received ribbons for this recipe at the 4-H fair. This bubble ring is perfect for serving a crowd at breakfast. —Lois Schlickau, Haven, Kansas
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs and salt; mix well. Add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. For filling, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside. Punch dough down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 4. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 20 pieces and form into balls. Dip each ball into melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 10 balls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spoon half of the apricot preserves between the balls; sprinkle with half of the walnuts. Repeat. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 241 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Bubble Ring
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC