Your guests will never guess how easy this elegant appetizer is to create. The pretty apricot sauce is delightful with the creamy Brie cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Sliced French bread
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Pour
- into a shallow 3-cup microwave-safe serving dish. Place cheese on
- preserve mixture. Cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until cheese is
- softened. Serve with bread. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce cheese with about 1 tablespoon sauce (calculated without bread) equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer