Apricot Bread Recipe
- 1 cup snipped dried apricots
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Soak apricots in warm water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream the sugar, butter and egg. Stir in orange juice. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Drain apricots well; add to batter with nuts. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Apricot Bread(6)
Sort By :
This turned out awesome, I used coconut milk mixed with a bit of water because I didn't have any orange juice and it was fab.
This was very yummy. I also added the orange pulp left after squeezing the oranges for juice, but I didn't really get a sense of orange flavour in the bread. I will definitely make again and again.
Loie-Make sure you drain the apricots before adding.
This bread is so moist!
This bread was so fantastic. I made it for my grandfather and he loved it so much he asked for the recipe so he could have it more often.