Apricot preserves lend sweetness to this tasty beef stir-fry while red pepper flakes provide a bit of kick. A frozen vegetable medley shaves minutes off prep time…no chopping necessary!
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend according to package directions. Return beef to the pan. Stir apricot mixture and add to beef mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Beef Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p8
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Apricot Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review