Apricot slices give a burst of fruit flavor to Apricot Beef Stir-Fry. This is a delicious blend with broccoli, onion, cherry tomatoes and strips of beef. —Susan Payne, Corner Brook, Newfoundland
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round or beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Cut apricots in quarters and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and onion; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomatoes and reserved apricots; cook until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Beef Stir-Fry in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p8
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Apricot Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review