A sweet glaze made with apricot preserves and barbecue sauce covers these tender chicken chunks served over rice, "This is such an easy tasty recipe," promises Cindy Novak of Antioch, California. "Best of all, our son Ryan loves it."
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, barbecue sauce, water and onion soup mix. Pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Barbecued Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p40
Reviews for Apricot Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
"Was unsure of ingredients as well, but turned out very good and super easy."
Reviewed May. 30, 2012
"Was very skeptical when reading recipe ingredients. Glad I tried it. quick & tasty!"