Apricot Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, barbecue sauce, water and onion soup mix. Pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Barbecued Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p40
Reviews for Apricot Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
Was unsure of ingredients as well, but turned out very good and super easy.
Reviewed May. 30, 2012
Was very skeptical when reading recipe ingredients. Glad I tried it. Quick & tasty!