Apricot Banana Rice Pudding
Our Test Kitchen created this sweet, but-not-too-sweet variation on rice pudding. It's a great way to use up leftover rice.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the rice, yogurt, apricots, sugar and
- nutmeg. Fold banana into rice mixture. Garnish with whipped cream if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 226 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.