Apricot-Banana Quick Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into the banana mixture. Stir in apricots and lemon peel.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 168 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Apricot-Banana Quick Bread
"Good recipe to use up my big bag of dried apricots from Costco. It made 3 small loaves."
"I substituted dried blueberries for the apricots and made muffins. They were delicious! My three year old devoured them!"