Apricot-Banana Quick Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into the banana mixture. Stir in apricots and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Apricot-Banana Quick Bread in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p14
Reviews for Apricot-Banana Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2014
"Good recipe to use up my big bag of dried apricots from Costco. It made 3 small loaves."
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2009
"I substituted dried blueberries for the apricots and made muffins. They were delicious! My three year old devoured them!"