Banana and apricots lend sugary flavor to this tasty quick bread, and the addition of wheat germ gives it a nutritional pop. "I like to serve it as an after school snack or as an afternoon tea bread." Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into the banana mixture. Stir in apricots and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Apricot-Banana Quick Bread in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p14
Reviews for Apricot-Banana Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2014
"Good recipe to use up my big bag of dried apricots from Costco. It made 3 small loaves."
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2009
"I substituted dried blueberries for the apricots and made muffins. They were delicious! My three year old devoured them!"