Apricot Banana Muffins Recipe
These will satisfy you sweet tooth,” writes Gina Berry of Chanhassen, Minnesota. “If you’re eating them hot, try using a fork and dip them in maple syrup or sprinkle them with confectioners sugar.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in banana and cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in apricots and walnuts.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 muffin equals 251 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC