Apricot Banana Muffins Recipe
These will satisfy you sweet tooth,” writes Gina Berry of Chanhassen, Minnesota. “If you’re eating them hot, try using a fork and dip them in maple syrup or sprinkle them with confectioners sugar.”
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in banana and cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in apricots and walnuts.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 each: 251 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Apricot Banana Muffins
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2013
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2010
"We loved these. My children loved them."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC