Apricot Balls Recipe
While they're full of good-for-you ingredients, these candies will satisfy any sweet tooth as well. I "gift-wrap" them in colorful mini muffin papers nestled in a tin.
- 1-1/4 cups dried apricots
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1. In a food processor, combine apricot and milk powder; pulse until apricots are finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the coconut, syrup, milk and butter; mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in wheat germ. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 153 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Balls
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2009
"oo cant wait to trey"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC