While they're full of good-for-you ingredients, these candies will satisfy any sweet tooth as well. I "gift-wrap" them in colorful mini muffin papers nestled in a tin.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups dried apricots
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- In a food processor, combine apricot and milk powder; pulse until
- apricots are finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the
- coconut, syrup, milk and butter; mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in wheat germ. Cover and chill for
- at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.