A family who usually passes up molded salads will hunt for this fruity version at our covered dish buffet. Not only is it delicious, it adds color to any meal.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) apricot halves
- Pinch salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- Drain apricots, reserving 1-1/2 cups juice; set apricots aside. In a
- small saucepan over medium heat, bring apricot juice and salt to a
- boil. Remove from the heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- In a blender, process apricots, orange juice concentrate and lemon
- juice until smooth. Add to gelatin mixture along with soda; mix
- well. Pour into a 6-cup mold that has been sprayed with cooking
- spray. Chill until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with unsweetened apricots, sugar-free gelatin and diet soda) equals 1-1/2 fruit; also, 93 calories, 55 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 0 fat.