Apricot-Apple Cider Recipe
Dried apricots give this comforting cider a friendly taste twist. Cranberries, cinnamon, allspice and cloves make it a perfect way to chase away the chill from cool nights.—Ginnie Busam, Pewee Valley, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours YIELD:13 servings
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine apple juice and ginger ale. Place the apricots, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 13 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
3/4 cup equals 111 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC