Apricot-Apple Cider Recipe
Dried apricots give this comforting cider a friendly taste twist. Cranberries, cinnamon, allspice and cloves make it a perfect way to chase away the chill from cool nights.—Ginnie Busam, Pewee Valley, Kentucky
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine apple juice and ginger ale. Place the apricots, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 13 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
3/4 cup: 111 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Apricot-Apple Cider
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2014
"Easy to cook . Loved it !!!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC