Dried apricots give this comforting cider a friendly taste twist. Cranberries, cinnamon, allspice and cloves make it a perfect way to chase away the chill from cool nights.—Ginnie Busam, Pewee Valley, Kentucky
13 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine apple juice and ginger ale. Place the
- apricots, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a
- double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie
- with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard
- spice bag. Yield: 13 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 111 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.