Apricot Angel Dessert Recipe
In Vulcan, Michigan, Beverly King tops cubes of fluffy angel food cake with canned apricot halves and a yummy sauce. "This light dessert is particularly good after a heavy meal," she says.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained and diced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Place the cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with apricots. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cornstarch and apricot nectar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 2. Pour over cake and apricot. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until gelatin is set. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 202 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Apricot Angel Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC