Apricot Angel Dessert Recipe
In Vulcan, Michigan, Beverly King tops cubes of fluffy angel food cake with canned apricot halves and a yummy sauce. "This light dessert is particularly good after a heavy meal," she says.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained and diced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Place the cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with apricots. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cornstarch and apricot nectar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour over cake and apricot. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until gelatin is set. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Angel Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p54
Reviews for Apricot Angel Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review