Apricot Angel Brownies Recipe
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine apricots, almonds and coconuts; stir half into the batter.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle remaining apricot mixture on top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Angel Brownies
"These have been a favorite at our house for years. They often surprise people who didn't know they liked apricots!. Yummy!"
"Very good. Different but thoroughly enjoyable!"
"THESE ARE AWESOME! What a great alternative to a brownie or a plain old blondie. They're pretty on a dessert plate and the flavor is just fantastic. I'll definitely make these again!"
"My husband loves Apricot so I tried this recipe. It is good but very expensive to make so I will only make it for Christmas or special occasions."