To tell the truth, I'm not a "chocoholic". I enjoy fruit desserts and custards more than anything. So my brownies have neither milk nor dark chocolate—but still satisfy every sweet tooth. Though my husband and I live in a townhouse, I grow lots of vegetables...in containers on our back deck!
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine apricots, almonds and coconuts; stir half into the batter.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle remaining apricot mixture on top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Angel Brownies in Country Woman January/February 1994, p33
Reviews for Apricot Angel Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review