Apricot Almond Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves in syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain apricots, reserving 6 tablespoons syrup; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in brown sugar. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds. Arrange apricot halves cut side up in a single layer over almonds; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar and reserved syrup. Stir in almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture, beating just until moistened. Spoon batter over apricots.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Almond Upside-Down Cake in Country Woman November/December 2004, p31
Reviews for Apricot Almond Upside-Down Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review