- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Beat in extract. Fold in whipped cream.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with another cake
- layer; spread with half of the preserves. Repeat layers. Frost sides
- of cake; decorate the top edge with remaining frosting. Sprinkle
- with almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 546 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.