Apricot-Almond Tartlets Recipe
These delicate, buttery tarts melt in your mouth. With their jeweled apricot tops, they make a pretty presentation on your holiday cookie tray.—Julie Dunsworth, Oviedo, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk and water; stir until dough forms a ball. Roll into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat almond paste and butter until blended; beat in egg white and almond extract. Spoon into tart shells, about 2 teaspoons in each.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Top with apricot preserves. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 tartlet equals 103 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apricot-Almond Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC