Apricot Almond Dressing Recipe
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and almonds in butter until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the broth, stuffing, apricots and seasonings.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 268 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Apricot Almond Dressing
"I make a dressing, similar to this, with cranberries, apples, sausage, onions, celery and poultry seasoning, moistened with melted butter and chicken stock. I cook it in a crockpot...and the flavor is really good, BUT the texture never turns out light and fluffy. There is always a heaviness to the dressing. I don't know it it's because I am adding too much liquid, or if I should avoid turning it as it cooks, or what. I've tried adding beaten eggs to the dressing, but that hasn't helped to lighten the density. Any ideas?"