Apricot Almond Chicken Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover and stir the rice. Place 1 tablespoonful of preserves on each chicken breast.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with low-sodium broth and without salt) equals 456 calories, 143 mg sodium, 76 mg cholesterol, 54 gm carbohydrate, 35 gm protein, 11 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Apricot Almond Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.