Apricot-Almond Chicken Breasts
“This chicken dish is so delicious, I constantly get asked for the recipe—even my picky eaters clamor for it! It takes only minutes to prepare, so on busy weeknights I can put a healthy supper on the table.” Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, broth and mustard. Pour over
- chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until
- chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 372 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.