Apricot-Almond Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, broth and mustard. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apricot-Almond Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
"This was just ok. The sauce was tasty enough, but the hunk of chicken was still rather bland."
"I originally rated this recipe on 4/8/10. In response to "kpmorrow," peach preserves can be substituted for the apricot preserves. The recipe is equally delicious. Also, toasting the almonds in the oven before use gives them more flavor. I have used this recipe over and over and have received numerous requests for it. Absolutely delicious!"
"What would be a good substitute for the apricot preserves?"
"Very juicy, tasty, quick and easy. Love it!"
"Hubby and I love this! Excellent flavor."