Apricot Almond Chicken Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover and stir the rice. Place 1 tablespoonful of preserves on each chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apricot Almond Chicken(7)
Sort By :
My Husband loves this and it is easy to make
This was good, but not great. The rice didn't really absorb all of the liquid, and it took a lot longer to bake- I think in all, I had it in the oven about an hour and 40 minutes to make sure the rice was actually tender. The chicken was pretty well dried out by that time. Okay, aside from the dry chicken, and the wet rice, this was pretty good tasting. If I make it again (which I probably won't, but if I did...) I would let the rice bake on it's own for quite awhile before adding the chicken in. After all was said and done, it DID taste good.
Very tasty and very easy. I halved it, since there are only two of us, and I used orange marmalade and pecans, since that's what I had. Really nice recipe.
This recipe is a little odd with the seasoned rice and sweet preserves, but it works! I used Uncle Ben's Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice and it turned out perfect--not too runny at all. Perhaps the brand makes a difference? I thought the chicken turned out a touch dry, but otherwise this is a good basic, easy dish with a built-in side.
Tasty, but will use less chicken broth next time was on the runny side.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >