Apricot Almond Blondies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips, almonds and apricots.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Almond Blondies
"Loved this...easy and you can substitute different dried fruit and nuts....i used pecans and craisins...delicious!"
"These turned out amazing! Once my dad had tried these, it was the only kind of cookie he ate out of all the ones in the cookie tin. My mom said don't lose that recipe! We didn't have apricots, nuts or white chips so I skipped all that and put in some dried cranberries. I also used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose and I was shocked how well they turned out. Usually cookies don't turn out so well when you use whole wheat, but these were very chewy."