Apricot Almond Blondies
My mom shared this recipe with me after sampling these cookies at a bed-and-breakfast. For a little variation, I sometimes substitute cranberries and pecans for the apricots and almonds. —Amy Forkner, Cheyenne, Wyoming
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips,
- almonds and apricots.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.