Apricot Almond Bars Recipe
My friend Edie Mueller brought these beautiful bars to my Christmas cookie exchange, and I wouldn't let her leave without passing on the recipe!—Arliene Hillinger, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a bowl, beat flour, sugar, butter and shortening. Pat onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. For topping, beat egg, sugar, preserves, butter and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC