- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, beat flour, sugar, butter and shortening. Pat onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For topping, beat egg, sugar, preserves, butter and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Almond Bars in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p23
Reviews for Apricot Almond Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >