- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the preserves.
- For topping, combine biscuit mix and sugar in small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Apricot & White Chocolate Coffee Cake
"I made this for my book club and they gobbled it down and then wanted the recipe. This is so good and so easy to prepare. I will fix this again and again."
"I made this Friday morning and it was DELICIOUS! I'm making it again today, I may try using raspberry jam this time."
"if u add a little flour to the chips they will not sink"
"Need more jam..but very good"
"Delicious and also great with other preserves/fruits!"
"One additional note: this is best served fresh out of the oven. The leftovers got very dry."
"quick , easy and very good, we loved it."
"Very good and extremely easy to make! I bet this would be excellent with raspberry or strawberry preserves, too!"
"We made this with homemade peach butter. It would be better with chunks of fruit (same kind as jam used); about 1/2-1 cup would be fine, I think.I used a 9.5 inch deep dish pie pan and it almost overflowed, so I don't know what I'll use when I add the extra cup of fruit...All the chocolate sunk to the bottom, as did most of the peach butter; not sure how to prevent that.Also, I used tub margarine instead of the butter for the topping and it didn't crumble, it glopped in a sticky mess... So, don't substitute tub for stick margarine/butter."
"DELICIOUS!!! It turned out JUST LIKE the picture & oh so easy! I can't wait to try this with other kinds of preserves. I think raspberry would be great."