Here’s a luscious make-and-take recipe for those holiday brunches you’re invited to. It couldn’t be simpler or quicker to prepare, and you can vary the preserves to any flavor you have on hand. —Holly Bauer, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the preserves.
- For topping, combine biscuit mix and sugar in small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apricot & White Chocolate Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p69
Reviews for Apricot & White Chocolate Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review