Apricot & Maraschino Cherry Preserves Recipe
This chunky spread is so colorful and festive--like fruitcake in a jar! The maraschino cherries, canned pineapple and dried apricots are fruits that are readily available year-round.
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 2 cups dried apricots or dried peaches, halved
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 jar (6 ounces) red maraschino cherries, halved and patted dry
- 1 jar (6 ounces) green maraschino cherries, halved and patted dry
- Place water and apricots in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in the pineapple, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 35-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Using a potato masher, mash fruit. Add cherries; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; skim off foam if necessary. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Apricot & Maraschino Cherry Preserves in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p63
Reviews for Apricot & Maraschino Cherry Preserves(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review