Apricot & Mango-Glazed Ham
Chutney adds a nice sweetness to the glaze on this ham. The elegant entree is just meant for festive occasions. —Chinarose, Tasteofhome.com Community
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (6 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each
- diamond. Pour cider into pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, chutney and mustard. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted; brush over
- ham. Press brown sugar onto ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- Cover loosely with foil if ham browns too quickly. Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked ham equals 243 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,666 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.