Applescotch Sundaes Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, water, lemon juice and salt; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature over ice cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/4 cup: 261 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Applescotch Sundaes
"Amazing!! I've had this recipe clipped for years and finally tried it. My only disappointment was that I didn't make it years ago! Definitely a family favorite."