Applescotch Sundaes Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, water, lemon juice and salt; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature over ice cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/4 cup: 261 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Applescotch Sundaes
"Amazing!! I've had this recipe clipped for years and finally tried it. My only disappointment was that I didn't make it years ago! Definitely a family favorite."