- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, water, lemon juice and salt; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature over ice cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Applescotch Sundaes in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p52
Reviews for Applescotch Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2010
"Amazing!! I've had this recipe clipped for years and finally tried it. My only disappointment was that I didn't make it years ago! Definitely a family favorite."