Applesauce Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, chopped, optional
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with pecans before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pecans): 303 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Applesauce Sweet Potatoes
"I'm always looking for more ways to fix sweet potatoes. These were easy too make and really good"
"Had a very interesting taste. Easy to make."