Applesauce Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, chopped, optional
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with pecans before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pecans): 303 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Applesauce Sweet Potatoes
"I'm always looking for more ways to fix sweet potatoes. These were easy too make and really good"
"Had a very interesting taste. Easy to make."