Applesauce Sweet Potatoes Recipe
During the holidays, using your slow cooker not only frees up oven space, but time, too! Sweet potatoes are a must on our family menu, and this no-fuss version will have everyone thinking you spent hours in the kitchen.—Pamela Allen, Marysville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped glazed pecans, optional
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the applesauce, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; pour over sweet potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pecans) equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC