Applesauce Sweet Potatoes Recipe
During the holidays, using your slow cooker not only frees up oven space, but time, too! Sweet potatoes are a must on our family menu, and this no-fuss version will have everyone thinking you spent hours in the kitchen.—Pamela Allen, Marysville, Ohio
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, chopped, optional
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with pecans before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pecans) equals 303 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Applesauce Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC