During the holidays, using your slow cooker not only frees up oven space, but time, too! Sweet potatoes are a must on our family menu, and this no-fuss version will have everyone thinking you spent hours in the kitchen.—Pamela Allen, Marysville, Ohio
Featured In: 23 Apple Slow Cooker Recipes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, chopped, optional
- Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with pecans before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p18
Reviews for Applesauce Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2016
"I'm always looking for more ways to fix sweet potatoes. These were easy too make and really good"
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2014
"Had a very interesting taste. Easy to make."