- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Frost cooled cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Applesauce Spice Cupcakes(7)
Sort By :
I used this recipe for a few receptions and for friends, and people loved them. I folded into the batter a peeled, cored, chopped apple which gave it a nice appleyness. I also used caramel frosting.
They didn't come out as moist as I thought they would, but I will try again. They were still good!
I thought they didn't have enough flavor. I was kind of disappointed as I made a double batch, because I was having company and I thought this would be something different to serve.
I'm sure the original recipe is delicious. I made this recipe substituting a mixed gluten-free flour and using homemade apple pie spice in place of the nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. I made them twice in a one week they were so good. I could hardly believe how quickly my applesauce was disappearing. So excited to make more soon.
I just made a couple of changes: used 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and cut out the cloves (Makes them bitter.) Added a chopped apple and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar - they were superb! Thanks for a great recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >