Applesauce Spice Bread
“This bread is wonderful toasted and will make your house smell like there’s an apple pie in the oven. Try it with apple butter and enjoy!” —Roger Brown, Assaria, Kansas
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine
- directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 107 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.