Applesauce Spice Bread Recipe
“This bread is wonderful toasted and will make your house smell like there’s an apple pie in the oven. Try it with apple butter and enjoy!” —Roger Brown, Assaria, Kansas
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice equals 107 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC