“This bread is wonderful toasted and will make your house smell like there’s an apple pie in the oven. Try it with apple butter and enjoy!” —Roger Brown, Assaria, Kansas
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Applesauce Spice Bread in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p59
Reviews for Applesauce Spice Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review