- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Applesauce Spice Bread
Sort By :
"did not have apple spice, used pumpkin spice and this was wonderful... later used apple spice, but the family prefers pumpkin spice.."
"it sounds good, i'll try it."
"Moist and tasty -- great for breakfast especially."
"Didn't appeal to us at all. The bread pictured above is not for this recipe, by the way!"
"Easy to throw everything in the bread machine. Very good toasted."