Applesauce Spice Bread Recipe
“This bread is wonderful toasted and will make your house smell like there’s an apple pie in the oven. Try it with apple butter and enjoy!” —Roger Brown, Assaria, Kansas
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Applesauce Spice Bread in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p59
Reviews for Applesauce Spice Bread(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 18, 2011
it sounds good, i'll try it.
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2010
Moist and tasty -- great for breakfast especially.
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2010
Didn't appeal to us at all. The bread pictured above is not for this recipe, by the way!
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2010
Easy to throw everything in the bread machine. Very good toasted.