All seasons are beautiful here, but I especially like fall so I can serve more hearty fare like this. Served with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, these ribs soothe the soul.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ribs in oil. Arrange
- ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rinse and squeeze
- sauerkraut; layer the sauerkraut, applesauce and onion over ribs.
- Combine broth and apple juice; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours; uncover and bake 15
- minutes longer or until onion begins to brown and meat is tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 336 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,183 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as