- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ribs in oil. Arrange ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rinse and squeeze sauerkraut; layer the sauerkraut, applesauce and onion over ribs. Combine broth and apple juice; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until onion begins to brown and meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce-Sauerkraut Spareribs in Country Pork 1996, p109
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Applesauce-Sauerkraut Spareribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review