Cinnamon and sugar spice up the fun sandwiches that Eunice Bralley makes for breakfast or a snack, "Since we have plenty of apple trees, I often use homemade applesauce," reports the Thornville, Ohio cook. "But the store-bought kind tastes almost as good."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spread the applesauce on four slices of bread; top with remaining
- bread. Lightly butter the outsides of sandwiches. Toast on a hot
- griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Combine
- sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over hot sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.