- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the applesauce, mustard and honey; spread over roast. Top with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Applesauce Pork Loin
"Tried this last night and we loved it. It is the first time I can ever recall my husband asking what I did to make it so tender. Definitely a keeper."
"This would be a nice presentation for a hosted dinner. The applesauce kept the roast moist."
"delicious! applesauce mix made it extra moist and flavorful."
"Awesome! I made this for my friend and we both loved it! Definitely going into my Family Favorites file."
"Excellent! I used 1/3 of the mustard (I used yellow, that is all I had). I will for sure make this again."