Applesauce Pork Loin
I sampled this tasty pork roast in a commercial cooking course I took years ago and saved the recipe. Later, I converted it to family-size, and it's become a favorite.
-Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast
- on all sides in oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine the applesauce, mustard and honey; spread over roast. Top
- with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 180 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer