Applesauce Pork Chops Recipe
For a deliciously sweet meal, these pork chops are perfect. It is the makes such a wonderful supper you will want to make it often.—Elaine Anderson, New Galilee, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 rib pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red apple
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored wild rice mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Cut four thin wedges from apple; set aside. Peel and chop remaining apple. Add chopped apple, applesauce, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chops to skillet and heat through.
- 3. Serve with rice. Garnish with reserved apple wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC