Applesauce Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 rib pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red apple
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored wild rice mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Cut four thin wedges from apple; set aside. Peel and chop remaining apple. Add chopped apple, applesauce, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chops to skillet and heat through.
- 3. Serve with rice. Garnish with reserved apple wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Applesauce Pork Chops
"Very moist and flavorful. I did not make the rice however."
"I decided to try something new because I feel like we always eat the same type of things. I decided to make this and although it turned out good, I don't think I will be making it again. It was too sweet for my tasted and I did not really like the combination of the pork with the applesauce."
"Hubby liked it, but it was pretty sweet for my taste. I think it would have been better with the applesauce halved or omitted, but leave the diced apple. I could not taste any garlic, but then again we really like garlic. I probably won't make this recipe again unless hubby requests it."
"I really liked this recipe, it was exactly what I was hoping for. It was flavorful. The consistency of the sauce was perfect. I will make again."
"used twice the spices except half extra garlic good reheated well"
"Very good! A nice way to use all the pork we have in our fridge!"
"Being the novice of a cook that I am, I felt rather nervous attempting to cook something like this, but it ended up tasting fantastic! My family wants me to make this again as soon as possible, and I have to say that I'd be more than happy to oblige."
"Made this recipe for an anniversary dinner and received rave reviews! The pork chops come out very tender and the Worcestershire sauce gives the gravy a real kick. Will definitely make again."
"This was a quick and delicious meal! The sauce actually looks exactly like the picture, which I have not found to always be true. I enjoyed and will definitely make again, Thanks!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer