Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes
"This recipe makes light, fluffy pancakes that will have the entire family asking for seconds," reveals Martha Cage, from Wheeling, West Virginia. "They're wonderful for those on restricted diets. Try them topped with homemade sugarless applesauce."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flours and baking powder. In another
- bowl, combine milk, applesauce and egg whites; add to dry
- ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a heated griddle coated with cooking
- spray. Cook until bubbles appear on the top; turn and cook until
- lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings ( 2 pancakes each).
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 91 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch