Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flours and baking powder. In another bowl, combine milk, applesauce and egg whites; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a heated griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook until bubbles appear on the top; turn and cook until lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings ( 2 pancakes each).
Reviews for Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes(10)
Sort By :
The pancakes are ok, will modify a bit more next time. I added a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips to the top of my 2 pancakes and it was pretty good. Next time will add some cinnamon to the mix. My biggest complaint is the calories must be wrong. When I put the receipe into a calorie tracking app I use, it showed the calories at 208 for 2 pancakes. Misprint perhaps?
These are a healthy & hearty way to start the day! I made a few changes to increase their nutritional value & add some flavor. I added 1/4 c.ground flax meal & 1/4 c chopped walnuts for fiber & healthy omega-3s. I added 1 t cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg & 1 t pure vanilla extract for extra flavor. I increased the applesauce to 1/4 c & used 2 whole eggs instead of 4 egg whites.
Loved how these combined light and fluffy with the texture and heartiness of the oats, but was disappointed in the lack of flavor. With the addition of a scant 1/2 tab. of sugar, some cinnamon and a dash of vanilla, however, they turned out great.
I love these pancakes. They are made of healthy ingredients. I use all whole wheat flour instead of the 1/4 cup of white flour.
Very good and healthy! I added cinnamon and it added great flavor. My husband and I really liked these pancakes. Going to make these for Easter brunch.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >