- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large egg whites
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flours and baking powder. In another bowl, combine milk, applesauce and egg whites; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a heated griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook until bubbles appear on the top; turn and cook until lightly browned. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Reviews for Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes
Sort By :
"I have to agree with the rest of the reviews that say, these pancakes are tasteless! I am a professional baker and I don't think my dogs would even eat these! If it hadn't been for the berry toppings and whipped cream, I would have trashed these, the berries made them a little more palatable! I found a recipe years ago probably back in the 90's in my taste of home magazine for some fat free oatmeal applesauce pancakes that were delish; sad I cant seem to find that recipe anymore. :("
"We are a healthy pancake family so when I saw this I was excited to try it. My kids would not eat them, I threw mine out first bite, and I did not dare feed to my husband lol. Taste really bad, no flavor even with syrup."
"The pancakes are ok, will modify a bit more next time. I added a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips to the top of my 2 pancakes and it was pretty good. Next time will add some cinnamon to the mix. My biggest complaint is the calories must be wrong. When I put the receipe into a calorie tracking app I use, it showed the calories at 208 for 2 pancakes. Misprint perhaps?"
"These are a healthy & hearty way to start the day! I made a few changes to increase their nutritional value & add some flavor. I added 1/4 c.ground flax meal & 1/4 c chopped walnuts for fiber & healthy omega-3s. I added 1 t cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg & 1 t pure vanilla extract for extra flavor. I increased the applesauce to 1/4 c & used 2 whole eggs instead of 4 egg whites."
"I love these pancakes. They are made of healthy ingredients. I use all whole wheat flour instead of the 1/4 cup of white flour."