"This recipe makes light, fluffy pancakes that will have the entire family asking for seconds," reveals Martha Cage, from Wheeling, West Virginia. "They're wonderful for those on restricted diets. Try them topped with homemade sugarless applesauce."
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large egg whites
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flours and baking powder. In another bowl, combine milk, applesauce and egg whites; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a heated griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook until bubbles appear on the top; turn and cook until lightly browned. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Originally published as Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p18
Reviews for Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review