Applesauce Oat Muffins Recipe
"You can enjoy new delicious muffins without having to make a dozen or more at a time," writes field editor Cassandra Corridon of Frederick, Maryland.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill four greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 4 muffins.
1 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Applesauce Oat Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC